Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Clearwater River, Peck, ID
The Clearwater Open-Distance casting comp redneck style...
The Clearwater Open distance casting competition was held on Sunday after the Clearwater Spey Clave. There were 11 casters and a few spectators.
Everyone that attended told me they had a great time. There was a very strong downstream wind that certainly wasn't helpful to anyone.
The scoring was 4 casts off of each shoulder with the best casts from each side being added for the total. Medals were awarded for the first 3 places.
In the men's division the scores were as follows:
1. Greg Bencivenga-rt side=150'--lft side=150'--total=300'
2. Gene Oswald-rt side=160'--lft side=130'--total=290'
3. Bruce Kruk-rt side=150'--lft side=130'--total=280'
4. Leroy Teeple-rt side=120'--lft side=115'--total=235'
5. Joe Fitzpatrick-rt side=120'--lft side=110'--total=230'
1. Whitney Gould-rt side=120'--lft side=120'--total=240'
1. Michael Bantom-rt side=100'--lft side=90'--total=190'
2. Nathaniel Skousen-rt side=90'--lft side=85'--total=175'
3. Kevin Brovetto-rt side=95'--lft side=70'--total=165'
1. Josh Wheeler-rt side=75'--lft side=75'--total=150'
BIG DOGS-Casting for Cookies, unlimited rod length. 4 casts, the longest counts.
1. Greg Bencivenga-155'
2. Gene Oswald-150'
3. Bruce Kruk-145'
4. William Olsen-140'
5. Whitney Gould-140'
6. Michael Bantom-120'
Poppy=Red Shed Spey Rod Pimp
How you get the line out and fishing is personal preference so as long as it works and is easy no one should care but the caster. MSB