For those of you who will be attending the SECOND ANNUAL GREAT LAKES SPEY CLAVE, which will be held on May 8-9, 2004, at Henning Park in Newaygo, MI, it would be greatly appreciated if you would use this thread to “sign-up”. If you are going to be attending, we would like as much of the following information as you are willing to provide.
1. Will you be attending on May 8, or May 9, or both days?
2. When do you expect to arrive at Henning Park?
3. Do you plan on fishing or just attending the Clave?
4. Will you be staying at a motel in town? Which one?
5. Will you be bringing your own food to cook at the park or would you prefer to have the organizers try to arrange a “cookout” (sausages, hamburgers, potato salad, coleslaw, cookies) on Saturday? Those participating in the cookout would kick in a modest amount ($10 or less) to offset the cost of food – the Clave itself is free. I raise this only to get a feel for the lay of the land. This issue can be discussed in later posts, but I thought it would be a good idea to put it on the table (pun intended) now.
Copied below is MJYP’s original post laying out the details of the Clave.
I hope to see you all there. Last year’s clave was, IMHO, a really good time.
SECOND ANNUAL GREAT LAKES SPEY CLAVE
On the Muskegon River
Henning Park, Newaygo, Michigan
SATURDAY, MAY 8; 8:30 AM until DARK
SUNDAY, MAY 9; 9:00 AM---?
FEATURING ANDY MURRAY, courtesy of House of Hardy, England
And Great Lakes Fly Fishing, Rockford, Michigan
Andy Murray: Spey Casting and Fishing; Floating and Sinking Lines
Neil Houlding: Underhand Casting; Shooting Heads; Tube Fly Tying
Kevin Feenstra: Muskegon River Guide; Fishing the Muskegon with a Spey Rod
Fred Vargas: Spey Fly Tying
MANUFACTURERS’ EQUIPMENT ON DISPLAY:
HARDY, THOMAS AND THOMAS
, SAGE, WINSTON, SCOTT, CND, ROBERT MEISER,
CORTLAND, LOOMIS, RIO
Dress for the weather: waders, raingear and eye protection. We will have grills available at the park, so bring your favorite barbeque food and drink.
For lodging and other information contact: [email protected]