Sandy River Spey Clave - meeting & display area - Spey Pages
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: Mark BachmannDate: 4/5/2001 10:34 AM
Hi Spey Clave People,
I have secured Group Area "A" for May 5 & 6, Saturday & Sunday.
Metro would like to partner with the Spey Clave and turn it into an annual event.
Any thoughts on what form this event should take?
I can work to attract tackle companies etc.
Who would like to work with me?
Fish long & prosper,
Mark
ISC Archives is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: lastcaststeveDate: 4/5/2001 5:12 PM
Dear Mark,
 
Please count me in on any help you can use a hand with...your involvement will certainly make or break the event...nice job! Here's my 2 cents on the forum for the spey clave...An emphasis on teaching and sharing new spey casting and fishing techniques..I would really enjoy demonstrating the "spiral single" for anyone interested.....perhaps some fly tying, share some fishing secrets and tell some lies....and swill a beer with some new friends....I for one will be bringing several Scott demo rods to play with, my own sage, hardy, norwich, loomis rods, and hopefully a couple of Bubbas' SA proto lines for people to beat the water to a froth with! I for one am pretty "Stoked" to meet everyone, so please don't hesitate to let me know how i can be of assistance....
 
steve
ISC Archives is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: Fred EvansDate: 4/7/2001 3:30 AM
Bless you my son! :>) Your contibution to this event will be instramental in making a good time, a great time. I'm down in So. Oregon so don't know what I can directly contribute but let me know!
 
Quickie question tho; whose 'metro?'
Fred
ISC Archives is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: Mark BachmannDate: 4/7/2001 5:39 AM
I appreciate everyone's ideas and comments.  Since there never has been a Sandy River Spey Clave before, it will be interesting to see what form it will take.  As far as I'm concerned, Steve pretty much summed up the program.  This should be a place where all parties can learn as well as teach.  Everyone's special skills will be welomed to the mix.
I have invited several tackle reps.  I have told them that there is no cost for display, nor any obligation.  If they come they are welcome.  If they don't we will understand.  I expect several will attend. 
As far as I am concerned representatives from other fly shops are also welcome.  The Sandy River Spey Clave should be neutral ground.
Metro is the Government Agency that manages Oxbow Park.  They are powerful and will be a good partner. 
What I would like to see is several of the original proponants to step forward and meet to discuss with myself and Jim Lind, the Oxbow Park manager, some of the details that will make this get together a great adventure for all attendees.
Mark
 
ISC Archives is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: CrustyDate: 4/7/2001 7:37 PM
Mark,
 
Since I am local (Estacada), I can give you a hand if you need it.  E-mail me when you have orders - I will obey.
 
Crusty
ISC Archives is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: longhackleDate: 4/8/2001 10:21 PM
Mark,
 
I am also relatively local (Salem area) and offer my help as well. 
 
It sounds as though this thing is getting rather larger than any of us anticipated and the casual coordination we have used up to now will be inadequate.
 
Where do we go from here?
 
ISC Archives is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: Fred EvansDate: 4/10/2001 2:57 AM
"What we have here is a failure to communicate..." Great line from a great movie. Yes we're building but this is just what we need as a group, as loosly as we may be configured.
 
Support Mark (here and with your wallets); from small acorns do mighty Oaks grow.
>=))))))'>
ISC Archives is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: longhackleDate: 4/10/2001 3:48 PM

Mark,

When and where do you want to have the meeting you have proposed for discussing Spey-clave details? 

ISC Archives is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: Mark BachmannDate: 4/11/2001 11:43 PM
Hi Spey Clave People,
I will be happy to provide a meeting place at our new store and will be happy to buy lunch for who ever wishes to attend an organizational meeting.  The dates that work best for me are April 17, 18, 19.  These are all week days.  April 18 would be easiest for me.
What I have done so far is secure a covered meeting/display area for May 5-6.
I have also contacted several tackle reps and invited them to bring demo rigs.  Some will be able to attend. Others are already committed to other things.
Several people from the discussion group have offered to help.
It is probably time for us to get in a huddle and sort things out.
I will be waiting for your responce.
Mark
 
 
 
ISC Archives is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: longhackleDate: 4/12/2001 4:36 AM
I can make it to an organizational meeting on either April 17 or 18.  Would 10:00 am be a good time of day to meet? 
 
Mark, will Jim Lind be able to attend?  Also, we have a fair idea haw many folks will show up from this discussion group, but you mentioned in an earlier post that this "Spey Clave" was generating a lot of interest among your clientel/newsletter subscribers.  Any idea how many bodies that may add to the outing?
 
As for me, spey casting is the thing I am most intereted in since it is new to me and (I am really pumped about the prospect of a "Spiral Single" casting lesson from Steve) but I like lastcaststeve's idea for sharing fly tying and fishing secrets as well (I have seen a few of Crusty's fly creations--very nice--and would be interested in seeing more).  Are ther others who are willing to show favorite flies?
 
Fishing sekrits are always welcome in my camp--and lies, what fun would there be without 'em?   
 
Other items of interest?
 
Also, I'm wondering if any of our discussion group from the north will be coming.  How about it Scott K, Kush, Dana . . . ?
 
ISC Archives is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: flybobDate: 4/14/2001 4:46 AM
Mark,
       I couldn't get up there before about 5 pm on a weekday, but I'll be glad to help, and Laura and I'll see you this next weekend at the round table.    Regards
ISC Archives is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: Mark BachmannDate: 4/17/2001 5:12 PM
Hey Guys,
I just found out that I forgot to write a guide trip on my calendar.
I will not be available for a Sandy Spey Clave meeting on April 18 (sorry).
Thanks for your understanding.
Mark Bachmann
ISC Archives is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2001, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: RobDate: 4/22/2001 7:49 PM
i think  however  it  would be a  good idea  to have a meeting  with a few  local people to develop  some  sort of  schedual parts of Saturday  and  Sunday it  seems  like  an evening or  weekend  would be  best.  What  would  work  best  for people?  Or  should  we  do it  with an online  chat???
 
Tight lines
Rob
ISC Archives is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: Bill KDate: 4/22/2001 11:57 PM
I might be able to participate in a planning session the week before the event, but not this coming week.  I'll watch to see what/when/how people decide to get together for whatever planning is useful.  Also, I will be prepared to tie some if people are interested in some tying sessions.  I'm a very good (but not world-class) fly tyer, so I can contribute there much better than I can with casting, where I am quite mediocre.
 
Bill Koran
ISC Archives is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,411
Originator: Mark BachmannDate: 4/23/2001 2:37 PM
Dear Spey People,
I will be gone most of this week.
It's doubtful that a meeting can be arranged before the Spey Clave.
That is probably alright.
I think the thing will come off just fine.
See you there.
Mark
ISC Archives is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Spey Pages forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome