Norwegian Salmon Fishing Advice Needed
My wife has decided that she wants to go to Scandinavia next year. Thinking quickly, I bargained in a week of fishing for us, with Atlantics being the desired quarry. I have done just enough research to know that I need some input from this group in order to maximize our opportunities. I believe that we will be ending the tour in Bergen, Norway. So here are some questions:
1. We have some flexibility as far as timing. What would be your recommendations as to the best dates to go, considering that my wife is not a strong caster (50ft at most with an 8wt), and does not spey cast (yet).
2. We do not speak foreign languages, and while I suspect that this is generally not a problem, it would be nice to factor that in if I am mistaken.
3. We would be traveling as part of a tour, either before or after the fishing, so bringing gear, other than perhaps waders, is probably not in the cards. I assume that Norway requires disinfection upon entry, but do most lodges have gear (rods, flies, reels, etc) available?
4. We are more into fishing than "cocktail hour" and gourmet meals, but my wife requires a functional shower each day, and fishes best with a guide, so a lodge that places fishing ahead of luxury is normally the best solution when we fish together. Can anyone recommend such a lodge?
5. What sort of public transportation is available to get us from Bergen to the lodge?
Any other advice is very much appreciated!
(Did a search, did not find much. If I missed a relevant thread, please feel free to let me know! Sometimes the search term makes all the difference.)
I can't understand why some folks think a drink can is harder to carry out when it is empty than it was to carry in when it was full.