fishing May 1st - Spey Pages
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 6
fishing May 1st

My buddy is going to be in Pullman for a few days then driving to Seattle. Will there be any thing happening then? His 1st time out west. East coast striper guy. Traveling solo, so is flexable. Any ideas.....thanks...D
dogboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:30 AM
Pullin' Thread
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NW Washington
Posts: 4,694
In the Seattle area itself, the rivers won't be open. He could fish the salt or lowland lakes. If he wants steelhead, he is going to have to travel at least 2 hours to the Cowlitz or 3.5 hours to the OP rivers around Forks.
flytyer is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 6
Thank you. If he fishes the salt, who would be good to go with close to Seattle ?
dogboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Pullin' Thread
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NW Washington
Posts: 4,694
I completely forgot that there is decent trout fishing available 1 hr to 1.5 hrs away on the Yakima River. There is also mid-sized stream fishing available on the South and Middle Forks of the Snoqualmie River about 1/2 hr to 3/4 hr east of Seattle via I-90. I forgot about these because I haven't fished for trout in the last 15 years, I spent 95% of my time fishing for steelhead and the other 5% for coho and chum.

Jimmy at Patrick's Fly Shop in Seattle should be able to put you in touch with someone who could take him out on the salt.
flytyer is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: OR
Posts: 3,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytyer View Post
I forgot about these because I haven't fished for trout in the last 15 years, I spent 95% of my time fishing for steelhead and the other 5% for coho and chum.
.
That would be my dream come true.
SLSS is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: earth
Posts: 6
Thumbs up

Thank you very much. I'll give Jimmy a shout.....D
dogboy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Spey Pages forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st posted fly - 1st attempt at Lady Caroline BigDaddyK Hooks, Feathers and Floss 12 02-16-2011 01:50 AM
1st post ramcatt General 6 05-28-2009 09:45 AM
So I'm suddenly in Terrace 1st time! Work's done, time for fishing! Happy Gilmore General 1 05-03-2007 01:08 PM
Another 1st!!! Salmon Chaser General 2 04-17-2004 09:04 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome