Skeena System - Spey Pages
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Len
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central and Northern BC
Posts: 60
Skeena System

Hi all,

I'm heading out to the Skeena area for the next three weeks. I have heard that the Kalum and Copper are fishing well for fresh fish. Just curious if anyone has any more info?

Thanks
Len
Len is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Skeena
Posts: 497
Copper is still froze over and Kalum is in a lot of places as well.


Troy
bluemoon is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Shimoighet
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lower Skeena/Region 6
Posts: 156
terrace

Someone BS'ed you good.
LowerKalum is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Len
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central and Northern BC
Posts: 60
That would be the lady at Fishtales in Terrace!

I'll bring a rod just incase, but I won't plan to fish.

Thanks for the honest answer guys.
Len is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Skeena
Posts: 497
PM sent....

Troy
bluemoon is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: skeena
Posts: 295
Pm sent to you.
skeenawaters is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 01:41 AM
ejs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: skeena
Posts: 26
What's with this fishing report business, don't we have enough competition as it is?
ejs is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: sol duc
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs View Post
What's with this fishing report business, don't we have enough competition as it is?
With all due respects, your feigned surprise at hearing this type of geographically specific chatter on an international website is the biggest surprise of all.

Calls to mind the stone cold stupefaction I once felt when a chest-beating long-winded pretentious lodge owner who used to own a lodge in Telkwa back in the good days complained to me in the early 90's how freaking busy the Skeena system was getting, and didn't I wholeheartedly agree with him that something had to be done immediately about the insane crowding...?

This was the same guy who all through the 70's and 80's traveled up and down the coast setting up court at every Sportsman Show that would have him, where from his velvet cushion he would regal the plebeians with wondrous tales of 10 to 15 fish mornings his guests could have casting from the porch of his one-of-a-kind lodge in Telkwa (and once the guides got the jet boats warmed up and they were on their way, the real fishing would then begin...)

Calls to mind the Chinese proverb: beware that you get what you wish for...
marketic is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Skeena north coast
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
That would be the lady at Fishtales in Terrace!

I'll bring a rod just incase, but I won't plan to fish.

Thanks for the honest answer guys.
Yeah, ever since Dave Elkins left Fish Tales the people there are really just clerks...no inherent fly fishing knowledge at all. If you told them that fresh steelhead made of green cheese were running up the Copper and the Kalum they'd dutifully pass it on. I used to buy huge amounts of gear there. Now I don't go in anymore. Too bad.
riverrattler is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 11:51 PM
ejs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: skeena
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by marketic View Post
With all due respects, your feigned surprise at hearing this type of geographically specific chatter on an international website is the biggest surprise of all.

Calls to mind the stone cold stupefaction I once felt when a chest-beating long-winded pretentious lodge owner who used to own a lodge in Telkwa back in the good days complained to me in the early 90's how freaking busy the Skeena system was getting, and didn't I wholeheartedly agree with him that something had to be done immediately about the insane crowding...?

This was the same guy who all through the 70's and 80's traveled up and down the coast setting up court at every Sportsman Show that would have him, where from his velvet cushion he would regal the plebeians with wondrous tales of 10 to 15 fish mornings his guests could have casting from the porch of his one-of-a-kind lodge in Telkwa (and once the guides got the jet boats warmed up and they were on their way, the real fishing would then begin...)

Calls to mind the Chinese proverb: beware that you get what you wish for...
our immigration laws are too lax
ejs is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 12:26 PM
LCH
Fish Whisperer
 
LCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: S. Ontario
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs View Post
our immigration laws are too lax
I agree. In fact, we could have nipped the B.C. steelheading hype in the bud if they turned away Haig-Brown at the border years ago.

Larry
LCH is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Spey Pages forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skeena system Salmon Destinations 5 12-05-2011 11:08 AM
Spey rod for the Skeena System? bloom Tackle 6 09-06-2011 11:31 AM
skeena nathan Destinations 2 02-25-2008 11:18 PM
Polyleader/ Multitip system vs. Multitip/ Compensator system? sushiyummy Tackle 1 11-04-2006 02:10 PM
Good guide to be had on the Skeena system Per Stadigh General 9 08-24-2003 07:02 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome