Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: GBay and L.Ont. Tribs
River Moy - Ireland - beat permit? Ghillie?
I'm going back to Sligo, Ireland this coming July for 2 weeks. It's short 30 minute drive to Ballina and the Rivery Moy. This time I'm bringing my spey rod (or single hand rod).
I've found a few sites advertising ghillie services and fly tackle. However, just about all the sites are non-functional now (recession related?).
I'm about to email a bunch of ghillie's but I was just hoping to build my knowledge before I talk with them.
Questions I'd love to know...
1) How do I go about acquiring a beat permit for the Ridge Pool?
2) Is it suggested I use a ghillie on the River Moy (in Ballina or elsewhere)
3) What is the going rate for a ghillie and beat permit on the Ridge Pool or other prime waters?
4) What should my expecations be for size and numbers? (July 21--31)
5) Other suggested places to fish in County Sligo or Mayo?
Update: I can't seem to get a hold of the Ballina Angling Centre. Has it gone under?
Many thanks in advance,