Spey Pages banner

Spey Nation V

15K views 71 replies 29 participants last post by  steelspey 
#1 ·
Hey Folks, just trying to get ahead of everything and announce that Spey Nation V is July 14, 2012.

Announcements will be made here and on our newsletter list. http://eepurl.com/cDeUw

2 so far,

This Year Vision Fly Fishing will be attending and displaying product along with our usual suspects and valued Supporters,

The Spey Lodge, Frank Swarner III, Paul’s Guide Service, The West Branch Angler, Scott, Guideline, CND, CF Burkheimer, Airflo, Wild Water Fly Rods, Orvis, The Spey Company, Hardy, Temple Forks Outfitters, Echo, JP Ross, Beulah, Sage, Thomas And Thomas, Ross Reels, No Float Stix, Castle Arms/Heritage Fly Rods, Hatch Reels, Loop Fly Fishing, DTX Mackenzie, Mad River Dubbing Company, The Red Shed Fly Shop, Vision In Fly Fishing Malindas Fly Shop, Isle-Fish Guide Service, Snake River Oufitters, Tight Lines Fly Shop, The Oak Orchard Fly Shop, River Time Guide Service, Cattaraugus Creek Outfitters, Neversink River Fly Fishing Guide Service, Redington, Umpqua, Fishpond, Tibor, Buff, Row Jimmy Guide Service, Redington, Umpqua, Fishpond, Tibor, Buff, Skagit Master, Rio, Ross, Pro-Tube

Also appearing and giving a presentation: Tim Rajeff.

OK, Talk Amungst Yourselves.

See less See more
#5 ·
Great Pic Geoff.Looking forward already.Looks like a great start with Tim R.

Hey Peter.Bridge is up and open.Even has a sidewalk for us river bums.

Hope to see you all on the river before then.

Scott:smokin:

#14 ·
Just a thought

Geoff
May I suggest an items for sale section on your site . Items could be posted and if a buyer is interested the seller could bring it to the clave and sale would take place @ the Fish Creek booth . 5% of sales would be donated to the F.C. Club .

#15 ·
Hi Brian, Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on the way you look at it, since we use the state owned land for the gathering, we aren't allowed to sell anything. We probably break the rules by selling the raffle tickets and we definately bend them with the beer but that's free anyways. All in all we keep the day relatively pure by not doing retail in my opinion. If there are some backroom deals going on during the day then that is ok by me.

#17 ·
Patina - is that what was falling off when a car went over it? :chuckle:

Yes, I agree, it actually was a picturesque background for the still photos- but when I review my old videos of presentations I am reminded how much was lost to the rumble and rattle under the passing vehicles.

New or old bridge - I'll look forward to the event.

#20 ·
Well worth the effort Dave.
Well run ,gets better every year.

Scott:smokin:

#22 ·
Update: Just back from the Somerset Fly Fishing Show in New Jersey. What a great time and the support from all the manufacturer's reps was humbling. Hardy, Echo, Scott, Rio, Sage, Tight Lines Fly Fishing, Rio, Airflo, TFO and all the rest were there and already asking for details. We inquired with 4 new companies who are checking schedules and expressed interest includign G Loomis, Rise Fly Fishing, Mystic Fly Fishing and Allen Fly Fishing. Check our website www.speynation.com for more information about which companies are going to be attending. Great to see and talk to you all! You can't have bad conversations when it's centered around two handed rods and steelhead!

#23 ·
keep this up and youre going to need a bigger parking lot.

looking foward to attending again

#26 ·
Beer! Beer? What Beer?:devil:Four years And I missed it every year.:hihi:

Another great year I'm sure for 2012.

Scott

#34 ·
Hey folks, wanted to let you know our first email of the season hit the email system.

Click here to see the latest email

Spey Nation V

July 14, 2012

Pineville, NY

8:30 AM to 4 PM

Spey Nation offers the unique opportunity for enthusiasts and manufacturers of 2 handed rods to gather in a streamside setting.
The Location is the Pineville Boat Launch on the Salmon River in Pineville, NY.

Spey Nation features a full BBQ sponsored by the Oak Orchard Flyshop, raffles, "On the water" demonstrations, and interaction with some of the biggest names in 2 handed casting from the East and West Coasts. Mixing styles, knowledge, and backgrounds, Great Lakes anglers finally have the opportunity to learn Traditional Spey, Scandinavian, and Skagit techniques from the experts, try specialized equipment on the water and talk with other fishermen in an atmosphere dedicated exclusively to 2-handed casting while enjoying a burger and a brew.

Visit Our Website and Blog as we
Set our list of Presenters and Instructors for
Spey Nation V

Tim Rajeff, Simon Gawesworth, Mike Barrand,
Neil Holding Walt Geryk, Andrew Moy,
Rick Kustich, Topher Browne,
Patrick Ross
List Subject To Changes

Please visit and support our supporters

The Spey Lodge, Frank Swarner III, Paul's Guide Service, The West Branch Angler,Scott, Guideline, CND, CF Burkheimer, Airflo,
Wild Water Fly Rods, Orvis, The Spey Company, Hardy, Temple Forks Outfitters, Echo, JP Ross, Buelah, Sage, Thomas And Thomas,
Ross Reels, No Float Stix, Castle Arms/Heritage Fly Rods, Hatch Reels, Loop Fly Fishing, DTX Mackenzie, Mad River Dubbing Company,
The Red Shed Fly Shop, Malindas Fly Shop, Isle-Fish Guide Service, Snake River Oufitters, Tight Lines Fly Shop, The Oak Orchard Fly Shop, The Angler's Lodge (Patrick Ross),
River Time Guide Service, Cattaraugus Creek Outfitters, Neversink River Fly Fishing Guide Service, Vision Fly Fishing, Albright Fly Fishing, G Loomis,
Buff Fishing Clothing, Skagit Master, Tibor, Fishpond, Redington, Umpqua, Rio,

Like Us On Facebook!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.