Spey Pages banner

WTB Jet/Power Drifter

5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  poobere 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Got clearance from the tower (my WONDERFUL bride) to get a jet/power drifter should the right one come along. Would consider a tiller jet but am leaning towards a power drifter, hoping to find an 18'er with 40/30 or so jet and winch. Prefer a newer model.

Located in Michigan, so would like to find something fairly close to home.

Let me know if there's anything floating around out there.

Thanks,

Skeeter

#4 ·
Skeeter,

Matt Zudweg is selling his boat. 18 foot Rogue power drifted with 30/40 jet. It is immaculate condition and lots of fish mojo. I think he's asking 13,900. Tiller controlled, river Larry setup. Perfect for swinging. Get ahold of Kevin feenstra for a number or check Craigslist.

#8 ·
They use a sea ark as the base and customize it from there I have been in lots of boats including several power drifters and this is just a better all round boat and will be my next boat. They can do a tiller or a centre consol that rows like a dream, and put anything else you want at a very reasonable price.

#9 ·
Bruce,

That sounds very interesting, I may have to give them a call. How do these row, though? I would be under the impression that being a jon boat they'd row like a tank. Anything I get would also be used for streamer fishing also, thus my aiming toward a power drifter.

sk

#11 ·
You might want to check out a stealthcraft atb. Mike Backed In Baldwin makes them. They are lightweight, row great, and a good price. The are more designed for a 20-25 HP prop but can run them on the pm and mo. They are a pretty sweet design too. I have been seeing more and more around. I think they are 6000 with river Larry. You find the motor.I am really thinking of selling my drifted to upgrade to one of these. More ideal for swinging and smallies.

#12 ·
Scotty,

I've looked at those and I'm sure they're a fine boat, but just can't seem to get over the "look" of them. I have the opportunity to drop coin on a boat, so for durability I'm looking towards aluminum. Were I to stay with a drifter, I would most likely get a Fishrite High Plains Drifter just from that standpoint.

#19 ·
www dot fish-rite.com/43247%20FishRite.pdf

That boat has under gone a number of design improvements in the last year or so. Even since it appeared at the Sandy Clave. The one with the flame paint job belongs to a Fish-Rite rep. It is like the prototype, development platform. Being improved upon continually.

#16 ·
stealth craft are amazing boats and mike is a great guy he can build you any style of boat you want with all kinds of goodies from headlights to 12 volt system to charge things or run a crock pot coffee pot etc.. He also has a degree in naval enginering. I am not affliated with him. My next boat will be a stealth after the pics of my uncles I can't wait to see it in person. I know it personal choice but give the guy a call what could it hurt? He's also local.

best regards,
Eric

#17 ·
Sunnuvabi...Just checked Stealthcraft out...Damn, I'm wrong all over the place today. Okay, the pics of the sled with the 80hp on the back says a lot. I do like the local aspect as well, one of the companies I was considering is Headwater. Guess I'd better give these guys a call too. Thanks man. Wow...all sorts of good info today.

#18 ·
no problem man. Those boats came along way since he bought the company. I love the looks of the sled. They have alot of walk aound space to and you can have him do anything you want. Also they aren't priced bad. Powerdrifters are cool but he told me his sled rows better then the powerdrifter he makes something with how the chines are. He also puts kevlar and or a rhino liner to make the bottems bulletproof so no worries if you do hit a rock or other **** in our greatlakes rivers. Also ask him about rod storage and boxes or benches and dry storage. It will blow your mind.

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.