Spey Pages - View Single Post - 12'6 B&W 6wt?
Thread: 12'6 B&W 6wt?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
xgolfman

shazam...

decided to try some lines on the new 12'6 "summer run" ..
I have a 483g steelhead finder that was recommended to try...this is the old one, i loved those lines...i for some reason didn't really think it would work but was amazed at how it did work...very damn nice and my goodness this little rod almost feels like it has a "spring" in it...these lighter lines allow you to "flex" the rod a bit and when you do, it just springs or snaps back producing amazing line speed.....i looked at Lola and said, "well i think we found our dry line now"
Fished quite nicely down trying to temp the odd pink to bite but they just ignore me...

I had with me my 420g gaelforce head as per last time...I put on 13' NC dry tip and that set up casts a mile as well but those damn NC tips crumble like a bugger so took that off pretty quick...I had kind of made up my mind that i wasn't going to use this rod with tips...but then again.....so i tried a 95g OPST 12' tip on there and , well that thing flew like a rocket as well....finished up fishing that down the run again and hoped pointlessly for a bite .... none came..so threw the stick for Lola a bit more and headed home...

Damn this rod is sweet...looks like a toy, fishes like a weapon....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190814_144540_resized.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	897.5 KB
ID:	347138   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190814_150057_resized.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	347140  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome