Spey Pages - View Single Post - Lamson Center Axis 5wt 9'
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Concrete Angler

Lamson Center Axis 5wt 9'

OK, so I'm a huge Lamson Waterworks fan. I have like 20 of their salmon/spey reels. I'm also a double-hander junkie, and have practically forgotten how to nicely throw a single hander.

BUT, when Lamson released their Center Axis system, I just HAD to get one and try it. I am impressed with its extreme lightness (2.4oz total!), quality finishing (matt grey which is quasi-unique) and the stunning new micralox Litespeed reel.

There are tons of reviews on the web, and although the concept of de-levering the reel isn't new, I would confidently say that Lamson has done the best design to attain a seamless casting stroke. And it sure looks good, unlike its predecessors.
The rod is a medium-fast action, and for single handers I personally can only make ultra-fast rods like the Method and the H2 perform properly. It's a deficiency on my own part, but this rod certainly had a LOT of feel, and would be excellent for dry flies or micro-skagits.

Mine has been used exactly two times on a pleasant little stream for small bass. ZERO flaws or blemishes. Still has the plastic on the cork. Currently has some red mono as backing which I can leave on or take off. Comes with the Lamson-branded combo tube as pictured.

If you need photos of the actual item, I can make them, but since it's in perfect condition, I figured the stock photos do it better justice.

These retail for 750$ and won't likely be on discount anytime soon as they're still a new product line and Lamson moves slowly on product releases.

I'm offering mine for 550 U$D plus actual shipping from Quebec. Paypal or EMT are great.

The two reasons I'm selling are: 1) I have lost the single-hander savoir-faire and, 2) Upcoming wedding anniversary needs to be funded.

Any questions, please just ask.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WWLCA3-e1502597476715-768x512.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	328584   Click image for larger version

Name:	lamson_center_axis_system_-_2.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	328586   Click image for larger version

Name:	lamson_center_axis_system_-_5.jpg