Spey Pages - View Single Post - Salmon Fisher's Journal by Jay Nicholas
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Al_James

Thanks for posting about this book project guys. I have been working with Jay as creative director / project manager for the past year to help get it closer to publication. Couldn't be a better guy who is more generous with his knowledge and love of fishing and fly tying so I'm happy to donate my time and energy. This is his life's work and it's exciting to see it backed by the angling community. SSpey nailed the description perfectly, "reason, rambling, riddle, and real-world insight into the mystery of chinook salmon angling". I would also say (as John Larison does) that there is much to learn for steelhead anglers as well - smart thinking about tactics, experimentation and pursuit. Really, Jay's book is about a life-long obsession and love of the challenge of fishing. The book captures Jay's conversational tone, humor and passion for sure. We have reached over half our goal in the first few days, thanks to all the early supporters, but we really want to get this book into the hands of all anglers and we've priced it accordingly. (If you don't have room on your shelf, we have steelhead and chinook flies tied by Jay as well as original Nicholas sketches to frame for your tying room). Check it out if you haven't yet and send the campaign link to other anglers who may find it of interest. Thank you. It's an exciting project.

Al James
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FlyFishingJournal_Social_FB4.jpg
Views:	822
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	263361  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome