Spey Pages banner

Bo Mohlin Bench Made G&P

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Rifflehitch 
#1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is a rarity - a reel made by Bo Mohlin of Sweden. While not as well known as Stan Bogdan, William Olson or Marice Noel, Bo makes phenomenal bench made reels.

This is the "Esquire Jim" model of which only six were made. Bo made these at the request of Jim Williams of Just Reels fame after Jim asked Bo for a smaller salmon sized model with a click and pawl drag. The reel measures approximately 3 7/8" with a 1 1/8" wide spool and comes loaded with orange 30# Dacron backing. With backing it is just under 12 oz. Perfect size for 6-8 weight rods in 11-13+'.

It is in 9.5 out of 10 condition with only some faint marks on the foot from mounting on a rod. It is RHW and has a great outgoing growl with a more subdued incoming click. Like all of Bo's reels, it comes with a custom handmade block leather case.

Price: $925 (firm) includes US shipping. Outside US at cost difference. PP is fine if you cover fees.

Contact me with any questions.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
But I thought you northerners all reeled the Queen's way. ;)
BAH-HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!
To funny :chuckle::chuckle:

I'm very proud of the restraint I have shown with this reel being up for grabs !!
If it wasn't for the few major purchases I have already made, this reel would be mine !!
I can't believe it's still available !!

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.