Spey Pages - View Single Post - Casting Instructor in the San Francisco Bay Area
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Glenburn Drift
Mount Shasta Paranormal

Dec Hogan's Spey Clinics with the Fly Shop and Kienes sold out like Rolling Stone tickets, like over night. I guess he is just doing the two weekends in March so far but the demand for casting with Dec may convince Dec to do more of them. I was out at the GGACC this afternoon working on my Spey Casting. Beautiful sunny afternoon for it too. There are a couple of guys that teach casting but there really isn't a dedicated Spey Casting Instructor as far as I know in San Francisco that you can hire by the hour. The local Fly Shops don't have the employees that are confident enough with a spey rod to teach it. They usually bring someone in like Chris King to teach a class or clinic. Come on down to the GGACC this Saturday. Introduce yourself to the guys in the Angler's Lodge and tell them you are trying to learn spey casting and would appreciate any help they might offer. If you keep coming back, after a while, after watching them and practicing and getting pointers you'll be on your way.

"Let us cross the river and rest under the shade of the trees" T.J. Jackson

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome