Spey Pages - View Single Post - Your highlights from the 2015 Sandy Clave
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 10:46 AM
jspey

First time at the clave and not the last!!

WOW!!!! That would be my first reaction, I heard that this was the woodstock of all things spey and it's the truth. It made the drive from Montana totally worth it and more. It was nice to catch up with old friends and meet new ones in the process. Some of the highlights for me were meeting the guys at Thomas and Thomas especially Neville. What a humble and down to earth guy, it's nice to know that he's running the T&T show. Plus their rods kick ass my favorites out of the clave came from T&T, the 13' 7wt and the 14" 9wt where absolute canons. I also tried the Loomis NRX 12' 6wt that was a sweet rod to cast and the Burkie 12'6" 6wt (i think) another nice rod. Also the guys at Beulah let me try out a 510 Aero head on my winston B2X that blew the doors of it (I now have a new line for that rod). It was nice talking to Gene about the Bruce and Walker rods and competing in spey casting, I wish we could have made it out on the river to throw a few cast with him. I guess the favorite part of all was all the people I got to meet during the clave, Craig from lewiston was a huge help with casting and technique and all things spey fishing regarding the clearwater. I also enjoyed the presentations on the water and in the tent, I wish i could have been in two places at once. Looking forward to next years clave. Thanks again to Welches fly shop and all the sponsors for putting on and running such a great event.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome