Pumpkinseed on the Swing
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Potomac, James, Rivanna, Shenandoah, Rappahannock
Very instructive. Several technique surprises, at least for me:
(1) The "power" for the backcast and forward casts comes more from compact hand/wrist snaps than from arm movements.
(2) Arm movements are minimal and very compact.
(3) Hands and arms stay in front of body, not aside nor above nor behind the head.
(4) The switch cast rod "stops" that power and transform the initial tailing loop into a gorgeous, efficient loop are at 1 o'clock on the the backcast and at 10:30 - 11 o'clock on the forward cast.
(5) A weight shift is sometimes apparent, sometimes absent.