Trying to cast a comp line on a 14' rod - Spey Pages
 7Likes
  • 5 Post By SkagitMiester
  • 1 Post By SkagitMiester
  • 1 Post By Cliveo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
SkagitMiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Deschutes
Posts: 2,008
Trying to cast a comp line on a 14' rod

I wanted to cast my comp line on something besides my comp rod, just to see if I could do it. My single spey was a bit on the ugly side.

Also, the line retails for more than the rod, which is something I've always wanted to try.

Watch it in high def if you can, I'm still trying to figure out the videoing part, which you will see in the surprise ending.
bender, klink, Roger H and 2 others like this.

... the pseudo-science of running-lines and matching heads has now devolved into such a miasma of obfuscation that it is a wonder that people are even not more confused....Erik Helm

www.linespeedjedi.com
SkagitMiester is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 04:35 AM
Registered User
 
Cliveo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ireland
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkagitMiester View Post
I wanted to cast my comp line on something besides my comp rod, just to see if I could do it. My single spey was a bit on the ugly side.

Also, the line retails for more than the rod, which is something I've always wanted to try.

Watch it in high def if you can, I'm still trying to figure out the videoing part, which you will see in the surprise ending.
Beautiful cast, the end reminded me of when I was taking pictures of my Buddy on the Blackwater River back Home, everything went well until I put my New camera ontop of my Jacket, whilst it was my turn to fish the pool, back then I used smoke weed and had forgotten tthat I left the camera there, SMASH

CFBurkheimer Rods
Gaelforce Lines
Cliveo is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
SkagitMiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Deschutes
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliveo View Post
Beautiful cast, the end reminded me of when I was taking pictures of my Buddy on the Blackwater River back Home, everything went well until I put my New camera ontop of my Jacket, whilst it was my turn to fish the pool, back then I used smoke weed and had forgotten tthat I left the camera there, SMASH
Haha! I know. Cameras are one more thing to worry about on the river. Fortunately mine has a really tough water proof case. If I smoked weed we would all be in trouble!
Cliveo likes this.

... the pseudo-science of running-lines and matching heads has now devolved into such a miasma of obfuscation that it is a wonder that people are even not more confused....Erik Helm

www.linespeedjedi.com
SkagitMiester is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 03:40 AM
Registered User
 
Cliveo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ireland
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkagitMiester View Post
Haha! I know. Cameras are one more thing to worry about on the river. Fortunately mine has a really tough water proof case. If I smoked weed we would all be in trouble!
LOL, I since have a Housing rated to 300 Metres for my Deep Diving, with my Go Pro, don't smoke anymore so I won't forget now - hang on, I'm nearly 42 and I....... Lol
SkagitMiester likes this.

CFBurkheimer Rods
Gaelforce Lines
Cliveo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Spey Pages forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What rod to cast a Delta Spey line. GusG Rods 8 11-12-2014 01:48 PM
Line Head Ratio to Rod Length Spey Cast Sink Tip willi Tackle 18 07-02-2011 12:59 AM
Budget minded comp rod & line... MJC Spey Classifieds 0 04-25-2010 07:50 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome