The Women of SOR - Spey Pages
Spey Pages    

Home | Sponsors | Spey Clave

Go Back   Spey Pages > Spey Clave Casting Forums > General
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 01:06 PM

The Women of SOR

Hi everyone, the women participating in SOR this year have kindly answered a few questions and I have written up an interview on my blog, Rogue Angels. Donna O'Sullivan, Whitney Gould, Mia Sheppard, Anita Strand, and Marcy Stone all weigh in on how they came to be a part of SOR, their practice schedules, and how SOR has helped them succeed. Their answers are quite intriguing and I hope you like them as much as I enjoyed creating this post. Here is the direct link to the post: HERE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 02:22 PM

Great interview,thanks for the link.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Sapere Aude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Angel k8 View Post
Hi everyone, the women participating in SOR this year have kindly answered a few questions and I have written up an interview on my blog, Rogue Angels. Donna O'Sullivan, Whitney Gould, Mia Sheppard, Anita Strand, and Marcy Stone all weigh in on how they came to be a part of SOR, their practice schedules, and how SOR has helped them succeed. Their answers are quite intriguing and I hope you like them as much as I enjoyed creating this post. Here is the direct link to the post: HERE
Happy to see you here. I've been surfing the blog for awhile, great pics and information! You all have a ton of fun! Nice camera work too
Old 03-14-2012, 03:58 PM

Shroderfish and J.James, Thank you for commenting and checking this out, these women are simply amazing and I'm very proud of them for such fantastic representation of women in fishing.
J.James, thanks for the kind words about my blog-I really appreciate it!
-k8
Old 03-16-2012, 12:01 AM

Incredible !!!!

Fantastic interview. Thank you for the time and effort you put into it. It was great reading it. Why don't you post a link under the SOR thread.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:24 AM

The Women of SOR

Kate thanks you for all of your hard work. This is an excellent article and I'm proud to have been a part of it along side with such a talented and dedicated group of gals.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to GR8LAKES FLYER Send a message via Skype™ to GR8LAKES FLYER
Cool interview !!
Very well written .... what a nice read !!

Great Blog with nice photos too , thanks for sharing

Mike
Old 03-16-2012, 08:07 AM

Good read, but I was really inspired by this one.

I would like to see a write up about the rods and lines and leaders etc the women are using in the competition. I've seen one for the men. The deep water looks like it would make it super difficult for shorter casters.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkagitMiester View Post

I would like to see a write up about the rods and lines and leaders etc the women are using in the competition. I've seen one for the men. The deep water looks like it would make it super difficult for shorter casters.
At the end of the individual Bio's (main page) the rod/line the Ladies use are listed. I'll assume that's still current.
fae
Old 03-16-2012, 11:54 AM

Thanks Fred, I was hoping for something more detailed such as this only from this year. I'm interested in head weight and length and leader length etc.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:35 PM

k8 was cooler when she lived in B'ham
Old 03-16-2012, 08:04 PM

SkagitMeister, I really like your criticism and when I do a follow up interview with the ladies after SOR, I will be sure to discuss with them what they use and the specifications. I think you have a great point. Their current set ups listed in each bio will be those they use at SOR 2012, but we could definitely delve further into this. In many ways I felt like I was only able to breeze the surface, these women are so interesting that I couldn't even shorten their answers or pick and choose. With the foundation layed, I hope to further explore and share what drives them all! Thank you all for your comments and support, I really appreciate this. And golfman, you were also cooler when I lived in bham. Miss you buddy!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkagitMiester View Post
Good read, but I was really inspired by this one.

I've sent you a PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:43 AM
Junkyard Spey

Nicely written Kate!

How you get the line out and fishing is personal preference so as long as it works and is easy no one should care but the caster. MSB
Old 03-17-2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Angel k8 View Post
SkagitMeister, I really like your criticism and when I do a follow up interview with the ladies after SOR, I will be sure to discuss with them what they use and the specifications. I think you have a great point. Their current set ups listed in each bio will be those they use at SOR 2012, but we could definitely delve further into this. In many ways I felt like I was only able to breeze the surface, these women are so interesting that I couldn't even shorten their answers or pick and choose. With the foundation layed, I hope to further explore and share what drives them all! Thank you all for your comments and support, I really appreciate this. And golfman, you were also cooler when I lived in bham. Miss you buddy!
Your articles are great and I think you stayed on point- too much technical line geek stuff would have taken away from the piece. My post was truly not meant to be a criticism at all but more of a request for another article about Speyorama and different lines etc used by the contestants. I like hearing about how the distance casters are chopping their lines to get them dialed etc.

I enjoyed hearing about their practice routines and learning about their coaches etc, and their overcoming any issues with competing- especially for the first time. Good Read. Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: