Spey Pages banner

Maurice Noel - Sound?

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dutch_m 
#1 ·
Anyone an owner of a Maurice Noel titanium/titanium or titanium/delrin switch/spey size SA or MA reel?

If so, I'm interested to hear what you think of the incoming and outgoing sound. Is there a strong click?

Not that I could ever afford one...just curious. I can always dream...:p

#2 ·
Noel TT/TD

Both have same volume in and out going. Not loud at all but still audible. You really have to have one in hand to feel and hear the uniqueness. I got mine quiver before marriage and family. Best luxury item I have. They are true jeweler craftsmanship, I do not know of a comparison that can equal the timepiece buttery smoothness of these bench made beauties. Bar none and I have had unlined bogdan, Herman, Godfrey and lh in my muscle memory to compare. I fish my 300TT regularly and covet it. The 300td and 400tt live much more subdued lives. No I cannot afford another perhaps ever. Best move I ever made was buy a happy life's worth of tackle before tying the knot. Loudest click, not even close. Best there is in timepiece and titanium luxury perfection: absolutely!

#3 ·
Thanks for the comments Tie-Die.

I've got the same strategy as you...acquire the toys before the knot because I know things/priorities dramatically change afterwards. :eek:

Prices on Maurice's reels are stratospheric now so there's no way I'll be owning one in my lifetime unless I win lottery. Nice to know you're fishing yours as intended vs. being showcased behind glass on a felt bed.

Preston

#6 ·

i have had allot of bench made reels , first one of his i seen many years ago , it was nice then and his reels today are ball busters in my opinion ,

i have one and use it , not the loudest sound , but it's still good , his drag system is super smooth , copy of a bogdan drag so to speak , his sideplates done in delrin are super nice ,

on a scale of 1 to 10 , i'd give his reels a score of 9.8

if you ever get a chance to get his titanium model with the delrin side plates , grab it as that the best reel he makes ,

he'll also make you a special order if you take some time and chat with him , i had him make me a sweet little trout reel in a 3 inch wide drum , titanium with black delrin side plates , stunning gem of a reel ,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.