Spey Pages banner

Living around honest people is a good thing!

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  doublespey 
#1 · (Edited)
Call this morning from a Bob Nelson saying he had the two rods I left at Touvelle Park!!! Zip over with a very good bottle of wine as a thank you and find he doesn't partake.....

But his employer does: He is the Foreman for Arrowhead Ranch (race horses, etc) for "Mr. David" of Harry and David (yes, 'that' Harry and David, Jackson-Perkins Roses, etc., and etc.) the largest employer here in Jackson County.

Very pleasent and grand guy. Looks like he's going to take me up on my offer of Spey Lessons.:D

Life is Pretty Good here in So. Oregon.
fe

#2 · (Edited)
Fred, I would be going to church tomorrow if I was you thanking god, since I figured they were gone if you did not here anything by this weekend. Did they leave a message with the state park that they had them or police etc.

Hal

P.S. I found a new ingriedient for my flys, will let you know how it holds up on their first field test. Don't want to get to excited until then, it would be false advertizing on my part.

#3 ·
Hal, easier than that.

Fellow was pretty sure that if someone left this kind of stuff behind, there would be an add in the paper. Saw the add yesterday and called this morning.

Life is still very good around here.
:>)

#5 ·
Great Luck!

Fred,
All I can say is I'm sure glad someone is having a good run of luck. It has sure left me. One rod is at the bottom of Lake Powell with a striper attached, and just snaped the tip on my travel rod, and had to send it off today. 11 more rods to go! My two handers are still with me knock on wood. Keep up the good luck, or more to come your way....

#7 ·
Speaking of lost (and then found) rods, Doublespey stumbled across a weathered old 7100 RPL this evening on the Skykomish.

The rod was missing most of the the vast majority of the tip section and the fighting butt had started to rot off but other then that it is in excellent shape.

Monday afternoon, this rod will be in a tube adressed to Bainbridge Is. :razz:

#9 ·
Lost Rods

Speaking of lost rods - a couple of years ago when guiding on the Klamath I was running up river in my sled and happened to look down and saw something on the bottom - I stopped and after considerable effort fished out a 957 Scott ARC rod and reel from the bottom. A guy on the bank watching me said that he thought it belonged to a doctor who lived in Eureka. I gave him a call and sure enough he had dropped it about a month earlier!! Bet he never thought he would see that rod again!

#10 ·
Sheesh Fred

I was so excited. I found a guy on ebay who had one JUST like the one you're talking about. He even said he had reels and more coming soon. Guy was from Oregon to boot. I was just about to email it to you, but saw this post so thought "nevermind".

Glad you got it back that way. Hate to deal with mess of trying to get your rod back from someone else who's trying to sell it. Ouch. It's nice to know there's decent people out there. Now, if you left it in front of me, hmmmmmmmm, it'd cost you. :D

#11 ·
You Have NO IDEA

where we found that rod, Fred!!:rolleyes:

The vegetation we were trying to bushwhack thru was *ThiCk*, with an assortment of tree trunks and scrap wood deposited by the last floods. In fact, it got so thick we had to turn around and find another way thru!!

I saw this funny looking "stick" just before we turned around and it turned out to be the butt section and part of the tip of a 10' 7wt Sage RPL (practically identical to one I lost years ago when I fished single handers for steelhead).

Ryan's got a sense of humor, that's for sure! :D :D

DS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.