Spey Pages banner

Spey O Rama 2012, The World Championship of Spey Casting

65K views 326 replies 54 participants last post by  Molly Spey 
#1 ·
San Francisco's Golden Gate Angling and Casting Club proudly invites all to the Jimmy Green International SPEY-O-RAMA, the World Championship of Spey Casting, April 20 - 22, 2012.

Co-chairs for the event are Tom Gong and Joan Moon.

Details to follow.

#3 ·
GGACC Member Day @ SOR April 18, 2012

Greg,
We will have a Member Day at SOR, on Wednesday, April 18, 2012, from 1:30 p.m. This opportunity for GGACC members to get training from SOR's world class casters will be a highlight for all.

Greg--will you be the first to sign up as an instructor for Member Day?

This is an invitation to SOR competitors who are willing to provide a half day of instruction on Member Day. Please let me know.

Many thanks,
Bob

#21 ·
Wednesday 1/2 day members

Bob, Tommy A and I (Ballistic Speyline Team) will be there, so sign us up, too. You may want to set up one or two hour sessions and let people rotate since you have so many instructors.

Sounds like fun.
Lee Davison

Greg,
We will have a Member Day at SOR, on Wednesday, April 18, 2012, from 1:30 p.m. This opportunity for GGACC members to get training from SOR's world class casters will be a highlight for all.

Greg--will you be the first to sign up as an instructor for Member Day?

This is an invitation to SOR competitors who are willing to provide a half day of instruction on Member Day. Please let me know.

Many thanks,
Bob

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Member Day SOR 2012 Instructors

1. Greg Bencivenga -- thank you S4S
2. Gene Oswald -- thank you Mr. 160
3. Ruari Costello -- via text -- thanks to the proprietor of GGACC east
4. James Chalmers -- thanks Coach
5. Gerard Downey -- thanks Mr. Champion
6. Whitney Gould -- thank you Whit, Ms Two-Time Champion
7. Brian Styskal -- thanks Brian
8. Bruce Kruk -- thanks to the Bulldog
9. Travis Johnson -- thank Big Banger

#11 ·
Past SOR Champions

Women
2004 Donna O'Sullivan
2005 Donna O'Sullivan
2006 No competition
2007 Kateri Clay
2008 Takako Inoue
2009 Whitney Gould
2010 Mia Sheppard
2011 Whitney Gould

Men
2004 Ian Gordon
2005 Scott Mackenzie
2006 Gordon Armstrong & Mariuz Wroblewski joint 1st.
2007 Gordon Armstrong
2008 Simon Hsieh
2009 Simon Hsieh
2010 Gordon Armstrong
2011 Gerard Downey

#15 · (Edited)
Bob

I would be delighted to help out with the casting clinic?

I had Donna over this week for three days in which time she managed to catch her first scottish salmon on the river Dee followed by a second on the River moriston.

Also a big thanks for helping out at a casting clinic on the river ness, teaching 20-30 local kids and adults to cast the sor way, needless to say she went down a storm and made headlines in the local news papers!!

Donna about to land her first scottish salmon on the river dee aided by Brian Sim, the ghillie.

The prize

Playing a fish on the River Moriston

Sadly this is the only shot we caught of the salmon as it managed to leap back to the river whilst in Donna's arms.

#16 ·
Gordon, thanks so much for having me over for an incredible 3 days of fishing and getting 2 beautiful salmon! It was a pleasure to meet Claire and please thank her for her hospitality.

Thanks for bringing me over to the Inverness fishing club and I had a fun evening meeting the members and heping with instructing. It was great to see some really enthusiastic young people there who will be the next generation of fishermen and women, and exceptional casters taught by you and Scott McKenzie! You guys are surely giving back to the local community, great job and dedication :)

I am really happy you have decided to be back at Spey-O-Rama 2012, llook forward to see youing then :)

#18 · (Edited)
Applications for Spey O Rama 2012

Vendors, competitors, and sponsors, can access the application for this years competition at www.ggacc.org . It's on the opening page. For questions, contact Tom Gong through his email t_gong@comcast.net . Equipment Manufactures, Fly Shops and Fly Fishing Clubs check out the Special Contest at the bottom of the application! You are invited to compete in a Spey-For-Trout team event for bragging rights. Just about three months and change before the contest !!!!

#20 ·
The Spey-O-Rama site should be updated shortly.

In the meantime, I have attached the registration form for competitors.
Hotel information on the site is still good.

Look forward to seeing you Russian casters, and all the guys and gals from around the world! :)

Please contact Tom Gong, SOR chairman for more info.

Regards,
Donna

Attachments

#24 ·
Yo Molly...

If you see Parsons at the club watch out. That old dude will ask you out on a date, and I really don't trust him around the young ladies.

#25 ·
James: your picture does not look cool in the San Francisco Airport webcam. make sure showing your smile when you are going through the custom. Are you taking your team to pond practice or Boardway in SF. Not a good timing my friend. Weather is coming in for a few days after today.
By the way, I will forgive you when you cast in the senior division.

Bob: please sign me up for the clinic instructor and competitor. wait, carron team is already here practicing. How many chances I got to get into top 10?

looks like everyone is gearing up for the trophy. It is going to be fun.

By the way kiss Molly for me, ok James. I have not seen her since last time she was here.

Simon

#27 ·
Brucie told me he was seriously lookin to tie some green string boys in knots with his blue string!!!!!!!!!

#28 ·
Tried to Tell Ya !!!!

Tried to tell you Bruce that their are not any secrets at the ponds! After you more than asked me not to post the coming of the Carron team, I went along with it. Heck, Gene called me from the city on Monday. He is not the only one who has been in San Francisco. Greg said it Best! It is getting SERIOUS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.