Spey Pages banner

The Clearwater Open---Distance Casting ******* Style...

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  rivertooth 
#1 ·
Mens
1.Gene Oswald=longest cast @162'--Total for six on both sides=574'

2.Michael Stanley=longest cast @140'--Total for six on both sides=517'

3.Marty Sheppard=longest cast @135'--Total for six on both sides=448'

4.Bruce Kruk=longest cast @130'--Total for six on both sides=445'

5.Leroy Teeple=longest cast @120'--Total for six on both sides=400'

Ladies
1.Whitney Gould=longest cast @130'--Total for six on both sides=487'

2.Mia Sheepard=longest cast @111'--Total for six on both sides=447'

No newbies or youth signed up.

"Casting for Cookies" was scraped when none of the Big Hitters brought those precious high end 18 footers, so Whit took off with the cookie.

If the Big Guns come unprepared for the cookie contest next year I will have a surprise for them:eek:

See less See more
#4 ·
Poppy,

Thanks again for all of your hard work organizing the clave and the competition. As always it was great and alot of fun.
Please tell Lynda thanks again for the cookies, they were supposed to last me the whole way home but were gone before I got to Lewiston.

All my best, Gene

#5 ·
Geez Gene....keep eating like that and your tummy is going to get in the way of that bottom hand, and maybe someone will be capable of beating you for a change:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Keep baking Linda......we need to stir up the leader board....:saevilw::saevilw::saevilw:

#7 ·
[we need to stir up the leader board/QUOTE]

By next year the "caped crusader" should be healed up and can get in the mix again, and by that time the newness will be worn off "Kaptain Kanada's" fancy pants new stick so maybe he will hit it a little harder and not be worrying about the moving air taking off the shinny new finish:whoa::eek::smokin:

#9 ·
MR 162 was abusing a Carron11/12 15 and a Nextcast comp head.
Also I think Kaptain Kanadu(Kruk) hit a 150-in his defence he's making MAJOR lifestyle changes and a some minor casting changes-I hear the church is letting him back in.

#11 ·
15 years Hell. I give it 10 if that. Her Mom and Dad are both great casters and I'd bet she's rocking out a great line when she is about 10 or 12.

On top of that she is a sweetheart and Marty and Mia better get a BIG fence built to keep all the young speybums at bay.:whoa:

#12 ·
Tegan loves you!

Poppy and Linda, Thank you for your hospitality. We had such a wonderful time. We hope to be there next year! Also, thanks for the kind words about Tegan. She already tries to mimic our casting.

Your dam right. When she brings home the boys I'm going to be cleaning my guns!

You can see a few photos of our trip:

http://oregonsteelhead.blogspot.com/2009/09/home-sweet-home.html

Cheers,

Mia

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.