Spey Pages banner

camping at oxbow?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Michael Parsons 
#1 ·
I'm a first timer from out of state and I'd like to tent camp at Oxbow. Is there plenty of space? Should I arrive a day early or is it better to motel it? Also, do I need a non-resident fishing license to demo a rod or attemp a cast?

#2 ·
Dear Link,
This time of year there is more than adequate space available at Oxbow for everyone that would like to camp. I will be camping also. I don't believe the park accepts reservations, but this time of year, again, they are not needed. You do not need a fishing license to cast or try out a rod as long as you don't have a fly attached. There should be some early summer runs in the Sandy, so if you have the time, a one, or 3 days license may be worthwhile. Look forward to meeting you on the Sandy!
steve

#4 ·
Ox-bow park

Just came from the sandy and all i can tell you BUY a license!! it 's only $8.00 a day. Come a day early or stay a day late but do not go there without a hook on the end some time while you are there! Go see the guys at THE FLY FISHING SHOP in Welches OR. And i wish i could be there next week. good luck and think black.

#5 ·
Sounds like we're going to get a wide spread..

(geographicly speaking) group at the Sandy Clave this year. Several folks coming up from California, Southern Oregon (including Joan and I) and, to cut his trip in half ... :D Jim Jones (JDJones on the board) closed on his new home purchase (Centeral Point) a couple of days ago.

Instead of having to drive for two days to get to the Rogue, his trip is now about 10 minutes to Tou Ville Park. Life is Hard!:smokin:

#6 ·
The park does not accept reservations. It is on a first come basis. They do have an informational phone number. Another point to remember is that they are strict with their gate closure policy. They close it when they say they will and there is no in or out. If you went to the store and got back late - that's life! It's also the most incredible urban park I have ever scene.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.