Spey Pages banner

Camping at Sandy Clave?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Mean Mr Mustard 
#1 ·
How many are planning on camping at Oxbow Park for the Sandy Clave this year? How many are moteling it and where?

JD

#2 ·
Sandy Clave 'living arangements.

Joan and my thoughts were to see about renting a motor home/ splitting the costs with others etc., for the weekend. But so far this looks like it's going to be prohibitivly expensive.

So Motel, or B and B for us at this point.
jee/fae

#3 ·
Camping vs. B&B vs. Motel

B&B or motel would not be too bad if we were all staying at the same place and could kind of take it over.:chuckle: Maybe not quite the same as sitting around the camp fire after dinner, but could be workable.

#5 ·
Since I am coming in from the east coast, it will be hard for me to camp it (so much gear to check as baggage) although sharing stories over single malts with Ed and Marlow at the fire sounds like my kind of entertainment.

I am booked for sight fishing trips on Cape Cod for stripers that whole week including Friday and had to push clients out from that weekend to make this clave. Hell or high water I will be there, I'll find a red-eye to make it by Saturday sometime during the day. I'll wash the salt off my waders with the camp water hose ;) Unfortunately I was only able to push those dates to the beginning of the week so I'll have to jump right back on the plane Sunday night and head straight for the flats. Such are a perils of my new life trying to pay the mortgage via flyfishing jobs. Labor of love, certainly. Luckily my family is on the Cape a lot in May vacationing so I will only be "out of town" for that weekend, thus saving me from marital stresses (phew).

I have some camping stuff at Doublespey's in Seattle so if that works out maybe I will be hanging out there as well. Better beat Ed to the water though or there will be no fish's lip unpierced... :devil:

#8 ·
NateMeister: Tent camping is a 'given.'

Must be wonderful to be half 'our' age.:D Hit Mark's web site for flyfishingusa and he has a web connect for Oxbow park. You'll probably have to call the Park vis a vis 'reservations' (and I'd recommend you do) but I'd guess you and Misty (wonderful young lady... eat your hearts out guys!) would be 'good to go.'

jee/fae

#9 ·
I live within driving distance to Oxbow Park, so I'll be sleeping at home and won't need my camping gear. So for those of you who are flying in or otherwise can't haul camping gear I'd be glad to loan my stuff out to responsible people. I have two or three tents -- one a big family sized beast -- as well as a stove, lantern, etc. Drop me an e-mail or PM.

G
#10 ·
My son and I attended last years clave and camped out at Oxbow. A nice family campground; clean, quiet and with a few deer wandering around to entertain. And no reservations were required, though with the clave's success, that might change. Oh, and the park personnel were equally cool.

mmm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.