Northwest Spey Casting Open - Page 2 - Spey Pages
Spey Pages    

Home | Sponsors | Spey Clave

Go Back   Spey Pages > Spey Clave Casting Forums > Claves and Other Gatherings
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 04:22 PM

Here's hoping I can attend. Soooo much on the plate right now. Just one more trip to run past the wife I suppose.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speyfisherman View Post
Thanks for all the advice. As for the good and feeding people, there is a commercial kitchen and indoor and outdoor eating areas. There will be as many as 3 casting areas and again the two days are invade of mass participation. I want a lot of people to show. I am ordering food for at least 200.

Travis
Don't over kill this. For lunch 'Brats,' buns on a bbq(s) with a side of potato salad. Trimmings for such. CC cookies for afters.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:27 AM

Sounds like a great event. I especially like the addition of the 13' rod competition. It takes a huge effort to put an event of this magnitude together so a huge kudos goes out to you Travis for having the drive and energy to make this happen.

Burkheimer rods pro staff
Nexcastflyfishing pro staff
Hatch reels pro staff
Old 10-06-2013, 02:33 AM

+1 to Brian's comment.

Amazing what it takes to put on this type of event. Did several 'Charity Spey 'Claves back in the day and the coordination/planning/food prep took a heck of a lot of fore-thought. The first one you learn all the things that had 'never crossed your mind.'

fae
Old 12-24-2013, 06:09 PM

I 'm in, please

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." John Buchan
Old 12-24-2013, 08:20 PM
JD

Three Ring Circus

Nothing wrong with that concept in my mind. Those whose interest lean more towrds one event, concentrate on that ring. At days end, the results are announced, and the glasses raised to a good time had by all. Bring it on. Now to do a MapQuest on Tygh Valley.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to beau purvis
sounds like a good time! I will try to make it! I might compete and I will ,for shure, teach if needed!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:18 PM

Appoligize if I've missed the obvious in a prior posting.

Many of us are not the least framilier with the area, what's available in the way of 'housing' whether that be camping or motels?
Old 01-13-2014, 01:43 AM

I think there is plenty of camping nearby but probably very limited on motels. Maupin has a couple motels which would be very close. If you don't mind a drive, The Dalles would have other motel options.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:31 AM

Just a thought here only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic View Post
I think there is plenty of camping nearby but probably very limited on motels. Maupin has a couple motels which would be very close. If you don't mind a drive, The Dalles would have other motel options.
I might be a good idea to 'nail down' where the camping is located, ditto motel information and post it up?
Old 02-07-2014, 12:25 AM

Lodging in Maupin, Oregon

As far as I know, the town of Tygh (pronounced "ty") Valley has no lodging. There may be camping spots and rv spots at Pine Hollow reservoir. I will find out, and add that information here later.

A good option is: stay in Maupin. It is on the famous Deschutes River, and it is only ten miles away. It has lodging, an excellent grocery store with an in-store deli, a gas station, multiple restaurants, two excellent year-round full-service fly shops with guide services, and other amenities. There is a decent pub in the famous Rainbow Tavern.

The town of Maupin (Oregon) has two nice motels (the Imperial River Co. Motel, and the Deschutes motel) and several other B&B type lodging options.

Breakfast options: Henry's restaurant is in Maupin by the bridge that crosses the Deschutes. The other bkfast place I like is Molly B's restaurant in "downtown" Tygh Valley. Both open at 7 a.m. Good breakfast and good folks.

Maupin is located on the Deschutes River, 40 miles south of The Dalles, Oregon, or 90 miles northwest of Bend. Maupin city park has 30 very nice rv hookup camping spots by the river. There are heated showers there.

Maupin is one of Oregon's flyfishing and rafting meccas. From November thru February it is a quiet little town of 500 where community life revolves around its two churches and its schools. The basketball teams and wheat farms and cattle ranches of southern Wasco County dominate town life and town talk during those months. But from March thru October, the flyfishing and river rafting seasons are the main activity. In May, the salmon fly hatch is legendary. There is a river road that provides 25 miles of access to flyfishing from the east bank of the river.

Deschutes Motel (nice, clean, fisherman friendly, affordable - I have stayed there several times)

The Imperial River Co. (nice lodging on the river, has a good bar and restaurant)

I will add more lodging info soon.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:23 AM

Is this event still on?

Have seen nothing in not quite a month. Any new details? Saturday/Sunday or just one day?
Thanks

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." John Buchan
Old 03-06-2014, 11:50 AM

bump to top

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: