Low and Clear?? - Spey Pages
Spey Pages    

Home | Sponsors | Spey Clave

Go Back   Spey Pages > SPTV > Fishing Video
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 11:45 PM

Low and Clear??

Has anyone seen this movie!? Is it any good? I have watched the previews like a hundred times, but havent heard anything about the full length feature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 02:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Phouvieng
Quote:
Low & Clear DVDs will be ready to ship by Thanksgiving Day, 11/24/11. However, because we have begun submitting to film festivals we cannot guarantee that they will actually ship by then as many film festivals will not accept films that have been released on DVD. We are also planning a limited theatrical run and will be announcing screening dates shortly. Please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and visit our website at www.lowandclear.com for updates
- Per their Facebook. My assumption is that it's still not available for purchase yet. Does look cool though!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:58 PM

Awesome, thanks! Seems like they keep pushing it back....
Old 01-31-2012, 07:52 PM

I'm waiting in anticipation. I had been emailing with Tyler back in 2010 about release dates and at the time it was pushed to Dec 2010. Sent a
message again in early 2011 and seemed there were some things still being wrapped up. Lost interest after that and decided I'd quit bugging the guy.

Really excited for it though. I think the facebook message above explains exactly what's going on.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 PM

It Looks Promising...

...I'll bet Poppy at Red Shed has info. Will check. He's probably already seen this. He's everywhere.
Ed F.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Arcticbound

I wish they'd get on with it. This looks like a fantastic movie.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:54 PM

I know one of the Directors of Photography for this, and I've been keeping in touch with him as well regarding the release of Low & Clear. They were supposed to show in some of the FF Film fests, but never appeared.

Since they are entering it in film festivals like SXSW, some of the festivals require the premiere screening to be at that particular festival.

I think it will premiere in mid March and then be avail for sale.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Junkyard Spey

On 2/6/12 I received this message from my book wholesaler.

"In contact with the filmmakers, but no ETA on the DVDs at this time".

How you get the line out and fishing is personal preference so as long as it works and is easy no one should care but the caster. MSB
Old 03-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Arcticbound

Riding the film fest tour is one thing, but alienating your potential buyers is just f'in stupid. How much back slapping do you need at film festivals? Jesus. Get on with it already.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:26 PM

Location: Northern Cal:STEELHEAD Just a swinging state of mind...
yup
I've inquired about this film ,many times
tyler was very pleasant and timely with the info.
But the last e mail he said it was ready to go before xmas of 2011
I've since bugged him and now ,no further correspondence
also no info on their Facebook page ,no reply for friend status
it is a shame ,because it does look like a great movie and if you can't keep your followers abreast of its forward momentum
how will you expect to sell your product to the masses
me
Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 PM

Update.

What's up guys, Tyler Hughen here from Low & Clear. I came across your posts, and appreciate the reminder to do a better job keeping people informed. I'd also like to try and put things in perspective a bit..

First off, this film was funded by selling our cars and maxing out our credit cards. We have kids, full time day jobs and spend every free second on Low & Clear. If I didn't respond to a personal email, please send again, I really try to do that, it's important to me to stay in touch. I work in Oceanography, and was on the other side of the world for a couple months with little communication, and I'm now trying to play catch up.

I know our film has taken forever, and there were a couple false starts on the release. There's no other way to explain it other than this is the most important project we've ever worked on, and we want it to be perfect. The good news is the film is finished. There are no more creative decisions to make on the cut, and it's just a matter of time until we can get it out to everyone.

Recently it has taken off in a way we never thought possible, and we have been placed in the top film festivals in the world--SXSW, True/False and another we'll announce very soon. It's connecting with audiences and we want to share it with them. We have no money to market the film, no money to help spread the word, and festivals are a free way for us to build a bigger audience. We are also extremely proud to screen side be side with the top docs of the year, including last weekend at T/F where we shared the night with the oscar winning "Undefeated." As filmmakers giving Low & Clear the best possible life is our goal, and this quite simply is how you do that.

We appreciate your patience, and I want you to know we're not leaving our core audience behind, not by any means. I'm a fisherman, worked as a guide forever and want nothing more than to show it to other fisherman. In a lot of ways it's frustrating to play this festival game, but more than worth the effort. We'll release the DVD as soon as we can and in the meantime I hope that you can cheer us on and root for a film that's about something we all hold dear.

Please feel free to contact me directly anytime. T
Old 03-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Arcticbound

Fair enough!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:42 PM

Location: Northern Cal:STEELHEAD Just a swinging state of mind...
Tyler;
ty bro for the update,to me this is defiantly a film that I've waited for.
I also will wait for its arrival.
if it is half as good as the trailer,it will be well worth the wait.
I wish you and your team a lot of luck with your endeavor,and as soon as this film comes across my local fly shop or on the net,ill be buying it up.
keep in touch,
kevin
Old 03-08-2012, 10:35 PM

Tyler, thanks for the update. Everyone is obviously very supported of your film, you just left us wanted more! That was a sick trailer and im sure the movie will be great. Bad casts still catch fish......so do bad fisherman!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Junkyard Spey

“Low & Clear” Opens to Critical Acclaim

From Mid Current online mag:

“Low & Clear”, the documentary that follows two steelhead fishermen, was recently picked up by SXSW Film Festival and True/False film festival and has been a huge hit, according to Michael Dunaway at Paste magazine. Not only did Dunaway list it among the “Twenty Must-See Films” at SXSW, but he also crowned it the best film at True/False.

Dunaway, who was expecting a slow film with lots of beautiful scenery, observed that filmmakers Kahlil Hudson and Tyler Hughen were “determined not to settle for a tone poem, to tell a real story here.” Dunaway goes on to write: “And it’s mesmerizing. The best documentary of the year so far.”

How you get the line out and fishing is personal preference so as long as it works and is easy no one should care but the caster. MSB

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: