This Board is History... - Spey Pages
Spey Pages    

Home | Sponsors | Spey Clave

Go Back   Spey Pages > ISC Archives > ISC Archives
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2002, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Originator: DanaDate: 2/2/2002 3:27 AM
...in a short while! As I've been "threatening" for months, the International Spey Casting BB has moved. We are now the International Spey Clave, and part of the Worldwide Flyfishing Forum. You can access the new board through the Forum's main page, or through the Spey Pages new location speypages.com. We are currently working on a means to archive all of the past info on the original ISC board, but some of you might want to make your own copies of important stuff. I'll leave this board up for a month or so until we get everything cleaned up.

I'll look forward to "seeing" you all on the International Spey Clave!

Dana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2002, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Originator: Peter-s-cDate: 2/2/2002 10:59 AM
The Flyfishing Forum board doesn't seem to wrk properly or I'm missing the blindingly obvious, but it never displays the threads.  It tells me who posted, how many replies, the time of last post, etc. but the thread name and the actual text in the posts is missing or unavailable.

I have joined and subscribed.  This is not the first time I've had this problem.  I joined another board and had the same experience.

What's up with it?

Peter
Old 02-02-2002, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Originator: Fred EvansDate: 2/2/2002 1:53 PM
Pete, a couple of thoughts here. I've been on the FFF board since early last year (good people all and a lot of the ISC members have been posting there for months. Your "family" awaits you.

:>)

You can activate a topic section (they're split up on several major subjects just like this board) by clicking on the major subject on the left. Or if you want to see the last post there's a small yellow arrow to the right of the 'posters name.' Click on this and it will take you to the last post. Only major draw back with the FFF site is a given post will only stay up for a few hours then it 'archives' itself and you have to access via the specific section such as Pacific NW Steelhead, Yak Attack (guys who use these for open water fishing must be nuts!!!), etc.

Pretty straight forward stuff (all-be-it I've had to post a few "how to" questions on the board). One nice feature is the internal e mail system inside the site. This (if my 'inbox' is any indication) gets used frequently. Only thing to remember with this is the 'holding capacity' of 'your box' is pretty limited so you have to clean out old incoming AND out going e mails. Although I haven't tried it, it does appear that you can put them in a folder (button for this on the "CP" section of your log in page) and save them for a longer (forever?) period of time.
Fred
Old 02-03-2002, 12:45 AM
Administrator

Originator: Peter-s-cDate: 2/2/2002 9:45 PM
I've attached an image of the screen shot from the FFF that shows the empty thread fields and the lack of yellow arrows.  Where am I going wrong?

Peter
Old 02-03-2002, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Originator: Peter-s-cDate: 2/3/2002 3:37 AM
Found the problem, a banner killer I had installed on my system, Adsubtract, was taking out the actual threads while leaving the rest of the page intact.  Exited Adsubtract and the page loaded OK and the threads appeared.

Old 02-06-2002, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Originator: DanaDate: 2/6/2002 5:00 AM
great to see so many of you already over at the Spey Clave!

In case you missed it, hit the links at the top of this thread to join us on the new site!

Dana
Old 02-08-2002, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Originator: J_DDate: 2/8/2002 8:12 PM
Just wondering if the reason behind this board being history has anything to do with the current dislike for anything Microsoft. I've gotten used to the way this board works, the various topics, members names, etc. Hope these features will be incorporated into the new board. Has anyone else experienced what seems like an unduly long time to log in to this board lately? Or does anyone else even log in anymore?  Oh well,,,  Farewell old friend.
Old 02-09-2002, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Originator: Fred EvansDate: 2/9/2002 11:03 AM
JD, I suspect that most of us still check in to ISC every day or two but 90% of the posting action is now starting to show up in the FFF board. Long before the 'closure' of this Board a great number of us also 'contributed' into the other. I suspect that the main reason for the closure of ISC is falling advertising revenue.

All those banner add's are what paid the electricity, web hosting, etc. Most web advertising (rates) is based upon the number of "hits" a site gets; more - charge/sell more. Less ........ etc. Also have a tendency to think the advertiser finally figured out that the majority of the board users were not Canadians and would have little use/access to the advertised products .... strike three?

fe
Old 02-09-2002, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Originator: DanaDate: 2/9/2002 6:01 PM
Hi Fred--check out my reply to your comments on the other board!

best,

Dana

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: