National Country Fair / Int. Open Spey Casting Championship - Spey Pages
Spey Pages    

Home | Sponsors | Spey Clave

Go Back   Spey Pages > Spey Clave Casting Forums > Claves and Other Gatherings
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2006, 07:31 PM
#&%*@^# Caster

National Country Fair / Int. Open Spey Casting Championship

This coming June the International Open Spey Casting Championships will be held at the National Country Fair in Ireland. It will be held on June 4th and 5th and the prize money is 3000 Euros

Scott Mackenzie will be back out to defend his championship as well as a host of international casters. The event as a whole sounds like a great time with a host of many great events in addition to the casting championship.

Here is a link the the angling event:

http://www.countryfair.ie/eventangling.htm

Hope to see some Americans step up to the plate and compete with the big boys this year.

-sean
Old 04-06-2006, 01:42 PM

Hi Sean,
This is a good show and i always saw it in some ways to a prelim for the CLA gamefair a few weeks later,as most of the top spey casters would be at it and whoever did well at this comp stood a good chance of doing well at the CLA,i however won't be able to make it this year as i'm running one of my casting classes and i've now given up competition casting,but i'm still hoping to make it to most of the shows doing demos and stuff,i would like to wish everyone who take part in the comps all the best of luck in the year ahead,and it would be great to see some new faces from the other side of the pond so to speak taking part,
Scott Mackenzie,
www.spey-casting.com
Old 04-06-2006, 03:55 PM
#&%*@^# Caster

Sorry about that Scott. I had heard you retired and then saw you mentioned on the Country Fair's website as competing so I thought you had unretired

Hope the schools are going well and looking forward to seeing and casting some of your new rods when they become avail.

-sean
Old 04-10-2006, 07:44 AM

Location: River Ness, River Conon, River Dee, Kyle of Sutherland
Sean

As Scott said, this is a great run up to the CLA. It will be stiff competition this year with boys from all over the UK attending and maybe a few from the US??

The total prize fund is 3000 Euros. This is divided up for the top 6 places which I think is the fairest way.

The Fly Fair at Kelso will also be taking place the weekend before Speyorama. This is certain to be a great event with the best casters/instructers in the world attending. The link below will give a little more details. http://www.tweedanglingfair.co.uk/

Last edited by fishingd0; 04-10-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Norwegian speyfanatic

Send a message via MSN to McIntyre
Is the whole competition on Monday 5th? Or are there any qualification rounds earlier?
Old 05-03-2006, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingd0
Sean

As Scott said, this is a great run up to the CLA. It will be stiff competition this year with boys from all over the UK attending and maybe a few from the US??

The total prize fund is 3000 Euros. This is divided up for the top 6 places which I think is the fairest way.

The Fly Fair at Kelso will also be taking place the weekend before Speyorama. This is certain to be a great event with the best casters/instructers in the world attending. The link below will give a little more details. http://www.tweedanglingfair.co.uk/

How did the Tweed Angling Fair go?
Should it be marked in the calendar?

Best regards
Steven
Old 05-04-2006, 04:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to speyghillie
country fair

Hi Steven,
Gordie Armstrong won the distance comp, Scott did a brilliant demo, was a great weekend and Diawa bought me dinner .
The details are posted somewhere on this site.
Gordon.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIntyre
Is the whole competition on Monday 5th? Or are there any qualification rounds earlier?
McIntyre,

Qualifying takes place during Sunday and the early part of Monday. It is 10 euros for each qualifying attempt.The top 6 qualifyers go through to the final which will be held sometime on Monday afternoon. In the final, the competitors go in reverse order with the best qualifyer casting last.

Hope this helps,
Ger
Old 05-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Norwegian speyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger
McIntyre,

Qualifying takes place during Sunday and the early part of Monday. It is 10 euros for each qualifying attempt.The top 6 qualifyers go through to the final which will be held sometime on Monday afternoon. In the final, the competitors go in reverse order with the best qualifyer casting last.

Hope this helps,
Ger
Thank you!
Old 05-11-2006, 05:06 AM

Monday afternoon? Now that seems odd.

" .... The top 6 qualifyers go through to the final which will be held sometime on Monday afternoon. " Considering a large number of folks who would probably want to watch I'd have though a Saturday/Sunday venue would make a tad more sense.

Any idea why a Sunday/Monday?
Old 05-11-2006, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans
" .... The top 6 qualifyers go through to the final which will be held sometime on Monday afternoon. " Considering a large number of folks who would probably want to watch I'd have though a Saturday/Sunday venue would make a tad more sense.

Any idea why a Sunday/Monday?
Fredaevans,

The 4th/5th of June is a bank holiday weekend over here in Ireland which is why the country fair at Emo Castle runs into Monday evening. It's a bit awkward for people coming from overseas to watch/participate but that's just the way it worked out this year.

Ger
Old 05-12-2006, 04:34 AM
Norwegian speyfanatic

How far is it to drive from Dublin Airport to PortLoise? We are thinking of arriving on saturday, but it would be nice too know how much time we should estimate for driving.

Also, do anyone know if it would be possible to test cast on the competition platform on Saturday?
Old 05-12-2006, 05:30 AM

It's only just over 60 miles from Dublin Airport to Portlaoise, & you're on good roads most of the way, so shouldn't take much over an hour on a Saturday.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Norwegian speyfanatic

Sitting on the airport in Dublin waiting for my flight home to Norway...

Nice too meet all the scots and other good casters at the Country Fair and congratulations to Gordon who took the first place!

Really a nice event and good to have some sun in the face after a few cold and rainy days in Orkla last week. Hope to see you all again at the CLA game fair.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger
Fredaevans,

The 4th/5th of June is a bank holiday weekend over here in Ireland which is why the country fair at Emo Castle runs into Monday evening. It's a bit awkward for people coming from overseas to watch/participate but that's just the way it worked out this year.

Ger
Sorry Ger; your reply went right under my 'radar.' Works for me.
Fred

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: