Spey Pages banner

SGS ELF running line "holding point"

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  fredaevans 
#1 ·
Guys that has this running line please tell mo more how they look. All that Meiser website says is that is had 15' holding point. Does it starts right from the welded loop and how is the quality of the loops on them? Color? Anything more about these lines you have to add?

Thx

#2 ·
I have that running line on my 4wt Spey. It is two tone and has a bump at the color transition where the two colors meet ( the weld). You strip the line in to the bump of your stripping finger and that's your stopping point for your next cast. He will have to make it to match the length of your rod. Loops are nice and clean and shoots well. Mine is only the 12 lb running line and have been fishing it for 3 years ,but about do for a new one. Call Steve Godshall or PM him if you have questions. Color varies on what pound line you need.

#4 ·
Dom, my Elf's are orange or orange and green. I'm partial to the Elf Mendmaster because it's front taper aids in mending. I'm sure Steve could put a hold point marker any where you want it. I like them a lot.

Regards,
sixheads

#5 ·
Domantas, i can't remember if it's the same as the ballistic or if it is the ballistic? The concept behind this line is that in low light conditions you dont need to concentrate on watching for the head to draw near the tip of your rod you just focus on the fish. You just feel for the bump and fire away and pray for that tug:hihi:

#6 ·
you see Im confused now... I see most websites that has ELF its listed as 100' line and they come in 4 sizes: .20, .26, .32, and .38, but on Meiser site they are 85' and only sold in 3 sizes (p.s. not that I need more :chuckle:)

So my question is are those sold by Meiser are customized original ELF's or they are completely different lines?

#8 ·
guys who has ELF... what are the lb ratings on them? I found few sources with different numbers listed. I want to go as thin as possible but still be able to fish 15lb leader from time to time.

#9 ·
Meiz's web site only shows a very short listing of the lines Steve offers. Steve can build almost anything you can imagine. He's only an e-mail or phone call away, and the turnaround time is lightning fast.

Regards,
sixheads

#10 ·
Indeed he can. And the really good part is the line is cut/built for the exact rod you intend to use AND your 'style' of casting. You and I may be using the same rod, but unlikely we'd get exactly the same line (head length/grain weight/etc.).
Fred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.