Spey Pages banner

Reel for Meiser 11' 7" 6/7/8 rod?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Bignap 
#1 ·
I was lucky enough to make a trade for this rod from a fellow board member today. I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. This will be my first meiser. I currently have all Abel and Tibor reels for my other spey and switch rods. I was just wondering if anybody had any reccomendations on a reel for this rod? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

#6 · (Edited)
11"7"....

11'7" Meiser:

A Hardy Taupo balances this rod beautifully on the cast and the swing. It will handle from a 20'-21-' skagit/tips to a 29'-30' skandi in multiple densities or w/polys all the way up to a 50'ish short belly spey line (floater) with this rod. Had 'em all over the past few years from Steve G.'s bench. Very versatile stick that will grow with your casting skills....

Enjoy it:smokin::smokin:

tight lines,
Tom

PS: I should note that I am talking about a 5/6/7-400-600grn window rod...

#12 ·
Check out any of the Lamsons they're all nice and reasonable. Hardy has the Bougle and Marquis in ur price range. Speyco makes a bunch of reels between $400-$500 that are bulletproof and will balance out any rod if u like classic style. Those are some of the reels I have and there are lots of other good reels out there for $500 or less! Just make sure u at least hold the reel or put it on ur rod b4 u decide to buy it online. It's tough, everyone has different needs and casting styles with Spey fishing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.