Spey Pages banner

Clearwater Spey Gathering 2011

15K views 75 replies 22 participants last post by  MJC 
#1 ·
RED SHED FLY SHOP ANNOUNCES
THE CLEARWATER RIVER-IDAHO
7TH ANNUAL SPEY GATHERING-BARBEQUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ DATE: SEPT.24, 2011
JEDI'S START @ 9:00AM
JUST WEST (DOWNSTREAM) OF THE LENORE BRIDGE
AT MILE MARKER 27.75 ON HIGHWAY 12

IF YOU ARE ON THE RONDE, THE SNAKE, OR ARE ON THE CLEARWATER TO "SKATE ONE UP".
PLEASE STOP IN FOR A VISIT.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I WILL BE POSTING MORE INFO AS I GET MY ACT TOGETHER

MRS REDSHED IS STARTING TO MAKE COOKIES. MMM GOOD!

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WE ARE AGAIN HAVING BURGERS BY "OLLIE" AND CREW. ALSO MACARONI SALAD, BAKED BEANS AND COOKIES FROM MRS. REDSHED.

THERE WILL BE SOME DRAWINGS FOR SOME COOL DOOR PRIZES GENEROUSLY DONATED BY THE TACKLE COMPANIES OR REPS

NOTE: THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL TACKLE COMPANIES, FLY SHOPS, REPS, GUIDES, "JEDI MASTERS", SPEY CASTERS, NEWBIES, WANNABIES, AND ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED IN SPEY CASTING.

FOR MORE INFO CALL POPPY @ 208-486-6098
MENTION THE CLEARWATER SPEY GATHERING WHEN MAKING YOUR RESERVATIONS AT THE MOTELS LISTED BELOW AND RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT
RIVERSIDE MOTEL-208-476-5711
KONKOLVILLE MOTEL-208-476-5584

poppytwohand@gmail.com

See less See more
#6 ·
Cookies !!!!

Rumor has it that Mrs. Redshed has made close to a thousand cookies. That fact alone, is worth the ride to Peck! Bet she is also in the process of making the COOKIE for the prize in this years casting competition. I hear last years winner hasn't come down from the sugar "HIGH" yet.

#9 ·
******* O-Rama 2011

Cookie, The little guy got the little cookie because that year he made the little cast.:smokin:

We're doing it again this year. I'm giving gift certificates to the winners of the men's, womens, newbies, and youth as I see fit. PeeWee's if any get medals.

Big Dogs (18' rods) are still casting for cookies. Mon Kapitan says he's bringing a platform for the Big Dog event. It should be interesting this year as a couple new casters will be there. I think the buoy rope is now 200'. I may have to make it longer:whoa:

http://www.redshedflyshop.com/CLEARWATEROPEN.html

#10 ·
On the left, "Mr. 160" aka Gene Oswald, in the center "The Champ" aka Greg Bencivenga, and on the right Kaptain Kanudia aka Bruce Kruk.

#13 ·
Yo Godfather...

Yes it's been 7 years. I know it doesn't seem like it but the first Clearwater Spey Gathering was in 2005.

#16 · (Edited)
you know, if this was a real ******* affair, you'd have a fishing (aka catching) derby...
Why would I do that? Past the logistics of holding a fishing contest during the C&R season which would take up much more time then I have in Sept and put a strain on the resource which are reasons enough to avoid a fishing contest, I want nothing to do with fishing contest.

I know quite a bit about some forms of fishing contest and I have personally seen some of the worst examples of greed and poor sportsmanship that I could imagine. This contest will not cause a strain on any resource except a little of my money and some of Mrs RedSheds cookies. The boys/girls will blow off some of their energy and we will see some amazing distances hit without putting any strain on the steelhead. Seems like a win/win to me.

If one needs to participate in a steelhead fishing contest there will be one in Lewiston later in the year. There will be a lot of hoopla from the LC valley business owners but I won't be a part of it.

#17 ·
[QUOTERumor has it that Mrs. Redshed has made close to a thousand cookies. ][/QUOTE]

920 to be exact plus whatever I've tested. The 3 prize cookies are all that's left to bake.

#19 ·
No apology necessary. I figured you were just ribbing me but then I started thinking about it and as fishing contests are not my favorite thing I decided to post my feelings about it.

#23 ·
Greg you at least gotta share some with me! You are not leaving very many. We will have to rename you to Cookie Greg rather than Ponytail.
That leaves 160 for you and everyone else-that's fair ain't it:D
I'll eat a BIG breakfast of Buckwheat pancakes Sat morning.
Maybe I'll only eat 660 cookies then:roll:

#24 ·
OOOOHH MAN:whoa:

Coach Ali has me on a STRICT training program for the Red Neck Competition!!

Casting 15 hours a day,3 hours of Cat strechin(you ever try to scratch you ear with your big toe-it ain't easy:eek:) and a strict diet of cat food.
Ali says he eats my old food and makes me eat his old food and 3 birds and a snake to ensure "THE KILLER INSTNCT"
It tastes like CRAP:(

Everytime I dream of COOKIES he swats me:mad:

#25 ·
Does the newbie distance winner get a giant cookie or just the big dogs?
Post #9 clearly tells you what the winner of the newbie class gets. No cookies there.

#28 ·
How is "newbie" defined? (besides loosely, of course)
Loosely or unloosely if you break 100' you're out of the newbie class.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.