Spey Pages banner

A story about a reel...

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  speycoreels 
#1 ·
So a few months ago I posted a thread about getting a new reel. I had lots of helpful advice. But one name stood out from the rest. It was Speyco.

My wife and I lost our first child 4 years ago and I was looking for a piece of fishing gear to commemorate her, so I could have her fishing with me all the time. I'd already gotten a Meiser Highlander S to celebrate the birth of my second daughter, so I thought one of Tim's reels would match it perfectly.

He has been an absolute pleasure to deal with and seeing the reel in the flesh today has exceeded all of my expectations. It is a real beaut and the noise it makes is phenomenal!!!!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-gf899goGWSg/UoF6lu7wJ4I/AAAAAAAAIug/ELD3f_ZaKU0/s800/IMG_8094.JPG

I'm off to Afghanistan next week so getting to see the reel before going has really made my day. I can't wait till the Spring when i get back to take it for a spin for Springers in Scotland.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3O74pLtZUlg/UoF6mMMBuVI/AAAAAAAAIuk/fVeRbZvlrxE/s800/IMG_8099.JPG

Tightlines and have a great Christmas

Wokkafisher2

See less See more
#5 ·
Tim posted this photo of this reel a few weeks ago and stated it was why he built reels. I felt strongly at the time it was beyond the craftmanship and that there was hidden meaning behind his post. I'm moved to hear this story and to have my suspicions confirmed.

We all suffer loss in this life and I will often visit my own loved ones that have passed while plying my craft with rod and reel. It's an intimate and private experience that I frequently revel in.

I am stunned by the the work on this reel and love the symbolism.....thank you for sharing and for your service. Godspeed on your deployment! Looking forward to some fish pics with this wheel in the foreground.

Jake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.