Spey Pages banner

The Women of SOR

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Rick J 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, the women participating in SOR this year have kindly answered a few questions and I have written up an interview on my blog, Rogue Angels. Donna O'Sullivan, Whitney Gould, Mia Sheppard, Anita Strand, and Marcy Stone all weigh in on how they came to be a part of SOR, their practice schedules, and how SOR has helped them succeed. Their answers are quite intriguing and I hope you like them as much as I enjoyed creating this post. Here is the direct link to the post: HERE

#3 ·
Happy to see you here. I've been surfing the blog for awhile, great pics and information! You all have a ton of fun! Nice camera work too

#8 ·
Good read, but I was really inspired by this one.

I would like to see a write up about the rods and lines and leaders etc the women are using in the competition. I've seen one for the men. The deep water looks like it would make it super difficult for shorter casters.

#9 ·
I would like to see a write up about the rods and lines and leaders etc the women are using in the competition. I've seen one for the men. The deep water looks like it would make it super difficult for shorter casters.
At the end of the individual Bio's (main page) the rod/line the Ladies use are listed. I'll assume that's still current.
fae

#12 ·
SkagitMeister, I really like your criticism and when I do a follow up interview with the ladies after SOR, I will be sure to discuss with them what they use and the specifications. I think you have a great point. Their current set ups listed in each bio will be those they use at SOR 2012, but we could definitely delve further into this. In many ways I felt like I was only able to breeze the surface, these women are so interesting that I couldn't even shorten their answers or pick and choose. With the foundation layed, I hope to further explore and share what drives them all! Thank you all for your comments and support, I really appreciate this. And golfman, you were also cooler when I lived in bham. ;) Miss you buddy!

#15 ·
Your articles are great and I think you stayed on point- too much technical line geek stuff would have taken away from the piece. My post was truly not meant to be a criticism at all but more of a request for another article about Speyorama and different lines etc used by the contestants. I like hearing about how the distance casters are chopping their lines to get them dialed etc.

I enjoyed hearing about their practice routines and learning about their coaches etc, and their overcoming any issues with competing- especially for the first time. Good Read. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.