Spey Pages banner

Camping at Oxbow Sandy Clave

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  rphelps 
#1 ·
For those of you that have camped at Oxbow Park prior,during and after the Sandy Clave --- this year at this time the camping area is closed due to river bank problems. They may or may not have the campground open during the Clave. Check the Oxbow Park website for current information.

Rphelps

#4 ·
Great!!!

If they open the campground by first week of May (around the 7th) that would be great.

Anyone with further info as time goes on, please post the update as there are those of us that like to come a week prior to the Clave to fish and rest.

Rphelps

#5 ·
God I hope so!

That was one of the most fun parts of the whole weekend. Guys/Gals sitting on long tables with Colman lanterns going, smoke a 'Good Smoke,' (never had a real 'Cu-ban' before that), the single malts being passed around..

Stories, laughs, 'I'm drunk and going to bed's,' and someone walking him back to his tent with a flashlight going to keep him on road.

How the heck did we function the next morning? (For you Brit's, I was the one with the 'Torch.')
:hihi:

A $100,000 worth equipment being passed around, tossed, line stripped off to hear the gear, guy on the beach giving lessons, camera lens clicking, film being shot for later and you hoped you could hear the audio, and, and, and, and. From what I gather 'Zip' goes missing.

Jack's selling, I'm writing checques. Bob/Gary/Mark were taking orders. All good things me thinks?

'We few, We precious few, We Band of Brothers?'

Folks, this 'Clave (correct spelling) is a 'One off.' Similar elsewhere, but this IS the Granddaddy of them all.

Thumbs up to Mark and all the folks who make this work. An exceptional group of people. Again, elsewhere, but THIS is the one you want to attend.

fae

#6 ·
Are any of you guys floating the river above the campground before the clave (e.g. thursday)? I'd like to bring my p'toon and working up a car shuttle would be great (hopefully I'll be at the campground so thinking of floating to it...). Thanks. Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.