Spey Pages banner

Materials Swap

20K views 178 replies 26 participants last post by  RLM 
#1 · (Edited)
I would like to start a materials swap. The first 12 people to sign up. The rules are: I will place some items in a box and mail it to the first person. You have 4 days to go through the box and remove up to four items. An item, maybe a single material, or if you have several materials in a bag then that bagis an item. You then put items back into the box and send it onto the next person. Example if you only remove one item then you only have to put one item back in the box. This continues until the last person receive the box he/she takes upto four items and replaces with his/her and then will mail the box back to the person who started the swap.

When you receive the box you will need to post here on the forum stating that you have received it and post again when you have sent it on to the next person. Also, it will be up to each person to get the address of the next.

In the box will also be a list of materials, when you remove an item you need to write down what you took and also write down your name of what you placed in the box.

If individuals from Canada join the swap please indicate so when the box is mailed into Canada it can make its rounds before come back into the U.S.

This swap is for steelhead or salmon fly materials only

1.borderfly Receved
2.ridderbos3 Receved
3.Marty Recived
4.Steve Egge Recived
5.littledeschutes done
6.smolt done
7.ReidFamilyFive Receved
8.Anadromous Alonzo has it
9.speyirideus
10.pickapeckof recived
11. mumbles
12. Rocky Maley (swap master)
13 Marty done
14Alonzo done
15reid 5 done
16ridderbos3 done
17halcyon-------------moved to the bottom
18 pickapeckof done
19salmon chaser done
20crtrtbum done
22 mycoat done
23 Smolt done
24 halcyon pass
25 RLM has DONE
26Speyirideus DONE
27Phil Fravel DONE
28 Marty ON IT WAY
29ReidFamilyFive
30pickapeckof
31cbtrtbum
32mycoat
33 smolt
34 charlie
35 Allian
36 okisutch
37 fishing fly

See less See more
#144 ·
Hey guys.. next time you do a material swap please count me in if at all possible.. Most of the fly tying/fly fishing forum and clubs do swaps but never has anything to do with spey flies or especially spey tying materials.

I love do material swaps and a spey material swap would be great.

Thanks
Chris

#156 ·
Would like to be in on Future Swaps

Hey Rocky,
I would like to be included on any future swaps. You know I have some neat and crazy stuff. Some pretty rare stuff too. Right now I am more in to stuff than tying just because of time constraints, but that won't last forever. See you in IF. Tell Deanna about the Gem show. Best Regards, Chuck C.:razz:

#157 ·
OK I took the box to Boise for Bruce to go threw. And i am waiting for Dyane's itiams to get here and it will be on its way again. i didn't whant to send to canada so i sent Dwyane the 4 itiams he whanted and he sent me 4 to put in so that is the hold up

i have added every 1 new

Rocky

#158 ·
Rocky,
Yesterday,the 8th, I mailed you something to replace what I took from the box. Thanks for bringing the box to the show. Very kind of you.
Bruce

#162 ·
hey Rocky.. Is there going to be another round? I would love to get in on this. I am from canada, So if you do another round and will be sending into Canada, Please let me know.. I would greatly appreciate it.

PS- I am the same guy from FTF and CFTF, I Don't post here much, Just drool over some of the spey flies that are posted here!. :)

Cheers,
Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.